1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
In order to provide you with the full range of Swdcheritage.org services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information Swdcheritage.org may collect about you;
- how Swdcheritage.org will use information we collect about you;
- whether Swdcheritage.org will disclose your details to anyone else;
- when Swdcheritage.org may use your details to contact you;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information which you submit or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WILL Swdcheritage.org COLLECT ABOUT ME?
When you contact us or comment our articles we may ask for your phone, e-mail and name. Different services or webpages may ask for different personal information.
We may also use your IP address for some of our website services – cookies.
3. HOW WILL Swdcheritage.org USE THE INFORMATION THEY COLLECT ABOUT ME?
Swdcheritage.org will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for service administration purposes, which means that Swdcheritage.org may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in section 5: When will Swdcheritage.org contact me? below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to notify you of changes to our service;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to our websites or other publications, including any content you provide (follow the link to our Code of Conduct at the bottom of the main pages of our websites for more details about making online submissions);
- to personalise or improve the way Swdcheritage.org content and advertising is presented to you online:
- Swdcheritage.org may collect your IP address (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet) and place cookies (see our Cookies Policy) for the purpose of improving our sites and enhancing your user experience, sometimes including the display of selected ads which are appropriate to your browsing pattern. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you;
- IP addresses may also be used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- to analyse and improve the services offered by a Swdcheritage.org website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience;
- to manage our competitions and contact the winners;
4. WILL Swdcheritage.org SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will only disclose your data to third party data processors with your consent or where we need to do so in order to provide a service. The data processors to whom we may pass your data will be BBC Worldwide Group companies and appropriately contracted third parties. Otherwise, we will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Swdcheritage.org will require all third party data processors to whom your information is disclosed to comply strictly with its instructions and Swdcheritage.org will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
5. WHEN WILL Swdcheritage.org CONTACT ME?
Swdcheritage.org may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Swdcheritage.org can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to any Swdcheritage.org website, message board or other service
- where you have opted to receive newsletters or other correspondence;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Swdcheritage.org services (participation is always voluntary);
- to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Swdcheritage.org; and
6. WILL I BE CONTACTED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
Swdcheritage.org won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you agree to be contacted for these purposes.
7. OFFENSIVE OR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT ON Swdcheritage.org’S WEBSITES
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on a Swdcheritage.org website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, Swdcheritage.org may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Swdcheritage.org reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of the law (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Swdcheritage.org may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. WHAT IF I AM A USER AGED 16 OR UNDER?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide personal information to Swdcheritage.org. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. HOW LONG WILL Swdcheritage.org KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Swdcheritage.org or Swdcheritage.org’s corporate retention schedule. If you wish to cancel your registration with any of Swdcheritage.org’s websites, you may do so by following the “unsubscribe” instructions on the relevant website. If you change your profile to opt-out of receiving communications, your record may stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
Where you contribute to a Swdcheritage.org service or website, Swdcheritage.org will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.